JCI cooperates with the United Nations and promotes especially Sustainable Development Goals, the SDGs.
In JCI European Academy we focus on fulfilling the goals that naturally are close to the academy’s values and go hand in hand with the training program. JCI European Academy is a multinational leadership training that helps our delegates from around the Europe to learn, cooperate with and lead diverse groups of people with different backgrounds and personality types. With increased mutual understanding we build our local communities towards peace, equality and cooperation. Our global organization JCI, Junior Chamber International, is at the moment running the campaign “Peace is possible” and of course we have included that to the program too.
MAIN FOCUS: GOAL 16 – PEACE, JUSTICE AND STRONG INSTITUTIONS
United Nations proposes: “Be the change – promote inclusion and respect towards people of different backgrounds, ethnic origins, religions, gender, sexual orientations or different opinions. Together, we can help to improve conditions for a life of dignity for all.”
JCI European Academy focuses on developing future community leaders that take action and responsibility. A strong civil society is vital for facilitating positive change, and to lead this change you need empowered leaders. JCI European Academy gives that development opportunity for young active citizens.
The Academy working towards the following UN specified targets under Goal 16:
- Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels.
- Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels.
- Strengthen relevant national institutions, including through international cooperation, for building capacity at all levels, in particular in developing countries, to prevent violence and combat terrorism and crime.
GOAL 4 – QUALITY EDUCATION
- By 2030, substantially increase the number of youth and adults who have relevant skills, including technical and vocational skills, for employment, decent jobs and entrepreneurship.
- By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development.
GOAL 5 – GENDER EQUALITY
- Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decisionmaking in political, economic and public life.